Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday...Dear Leo.



Today in 1452 Leonardo Da Vinci was born.


He was the illegitimate son of a notary and a peasant girl, born just outside Florence Italy. He was a painter, draftsman, sculptor, architect, scientist and inventor. He learned from observing things and constantly asking questions. There is a great site from the Museum of Science that showcases the "Leonardo at the Museum" exhibit. I especially like the way his eyes move in his portrait on the first page...but hey that's just me.

I also found this quote from Da Vinci that I think is great and still applies to our lives today.

Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else.




In honor of Leonardo's birthday I would like to present him with this card, to encourage him to celebrate his birth and life accomplishments. If there is someone whose birth you wish to celebrate you can find this card at my etsy shop.


So, get out there today and do some stuff, if it works...then do some more. That's what Leo would have done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I checked out your shop! You make amazing cards! :)